From the star of the Cooking Channel’s Tia Mowry at Home comes a timely clean-eating cookbook that will change the way you think about what you eat and jump-start your journey to a healthier, more gorgeous you.
When actress Tia Mowry landed her breakthrough role on the sitcom Sister, Sister, she swapped home-cooked meals for catering spreads. But her teen-dream diet of candies and carbs turned into a nightmare when she developed endometriosis, a painful disease that affects one in ten women worldwide. Two years and two surgeries later, some surprising advice from her doctor inspired Tia to radically change one of the most basic elements of her life: her diet. After ditching the dairy and the refined sugars and processed foods, Tia’s pain receded drastically. What’s more, her migraines stopped, her skin cleared up, and she was finally able to get pregnant. Drawing on the latest research on whole plant foods, inflammation, and gut flora, Whole New You chronicles Tia’s journey to wellness and provides all the resources you need to feel better, including
• a ten-day menu plan to begin your healthy life
• more than 100 delicious recipes
• lighter versions of your favorite comfort food recipes, including “Buttermilk” Fried Chicken and Crispy Collard Chips
• healthy recipes for your kids
• tips and tricks for eating on the go
• complementary approaches, such as acupuncture and yoga, for whole body healing
Like a trusted friend, Tia recounts both her setbacks and her triumphs—and shows you how to listen to what your body is telling you. With Whole New You, your healing begins now.