Linda Wenger joins Lisa to talk about the LUNGevity Lung Cancer Navigator
LUNGevity: We are dedicated to funding scientific research because the link between research spending and improved survival is clear. Our strategic investment in both early detection and therapeutics will help people live better with lung cancer and dramatically improve on the current 18% five-year survival rate.
LUNGevity initiatives position us as thought leaders in the lung cancer advocacy community, providing programs and driving change for those with lung cancer today and in the future. While we fund primary research, we also develop patient surveys to better understand their unmet needs and convene multi-stakeholder meetings to streamline the research process and accelerate progress to patients.
LUNGevity seeks to empower patients to be active decision makers in their treatment process through our extensive educational resources, online peer-to-peer support, and in-person survivorship programs.
We provide a community of empowerment, support, and hope as well as more than 80 grassroots awareness and fundraising events held from coast to coast each year.
Why was the app created?
· What does it feature for patients, caregivers and care providers?
· What are the benefits of this app?
· Did patients and caregivers test the app during the beta stage?
· Where can the app be downloaded?
· In addition to the app, the LUNGevity Foundation announced the launch of a helpline,why now?
· What will the Helpline offer?
· What is the phone number and what are the hours of operation?
· Is there anything that I may have missed that you would like to add?